- 1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Strongly Steeped Jasmine Green Tea
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Jasmine Green Tea Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Dash of Salt
- Additional Sugar
Many of our recipes include black tea, so we decided to change things up a bit and try our hand at making cookies with our popular green tea, Jasmine Romance. These light, fragrant and crispy cookies go perfect with afternoon tea! And we recommend using our loose leaf Jasmine Green Tea for this recipe but you can also use the teabags.
Recipe courtesy of TeaChef.com
- Steep 2 Teaspoon of Jasmine Tea in 1/4 Cup of 180 degrees Water for 5 minutes
- Set in fridge to cool…
- Mix Sugar and Butter in a large Bowl until Creamy
- Add Egg until Batter is Fluffy.
- Blend in Flour, and 2 Tablespoons of the Jasmine Green Tea... made earlier.
- Crush and Sprinkle 1/2 Teaspoon Jasmine into batter with baking powder
- Add salt. Mix well. Form on Waxed Paper or Plastic a 2 inch by 12 inches Log.
- Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm, About 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 350
- Slice Cookies from log to 1/4 inches, place on nonstick un-greased cookie sheet,
- Sprinkle tops with Sugar.
Prep Time: Bake 8 to 10 Minutes or until Light brown.
Serving Size: Approx 36 Cookies